Montag, 30. April 2012

The Heart of Australia



Well, I decided to go to the outback because I really wanted to see the Uluru and red sand. So I took the Greyhound bus and travelled for about 12 hours to Mount Isa where I had to change into another bus. I haven't done the half way so I wasn't pretty keen for another 14 hours on the bus. It was so super boring because it was night time and I couldn't look out of the window. Suddenly a tall man hopped in the bus. He took a seat right behind me. I pretended to sleep, but I couldn't hold after a while. Then he said "hello" to me and I was like:"What should I do, what should I do?!". I said:"Hello." back. I was hopeing that it was the end of the conversation. Wrong! He talked 7 hours about world peace and other stuff. I felt really uncomfortable. Fortunately I had to change into another bus in Tennant Creek and he stayed on that bus to get to Darwin. That was my weirdest experience ever!!!
I arrived in the morning in Alice Springs. I noticed that it was a totally different atmosphere than in Townsville or somewhere else in Australia. There was no tourist except of me. The residents watched me getting out of the bus. It was so weird. I decided to go straight to my accommodation. I spent a couple of days in Alice Springs. I didn't like the city itself at all. It was somehow scary. Especially when it's getting dark and I really hurried up to get as fast as possible back to my hostel.
The backpackers who stayed in my hostel were quite funny. Most of them stucked there because they had no money to move on.
On my second last day I did a bus tour to see the Uluru and Kata Tjuta. I was so amazed of the nature. The money I spent for that was worth it. It is still the best I've seen here in Australia... But it was so hot though!!

Having a break.




A dried river in the middle of nowhere.



My hostel in Alice Springs.


On the way to Uluru.


Kata Tjuta


Me and the Uluru.






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen